Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What Happened to my Health Benefits???

My wife went yesterday to refill her prescription for birth control. Immediately following the purchase was a phone call to me stating WTF? I said the same thing, and upon investigation found out that my benefits have dramatically changed since last year. I now have a high deductible plan, and until that deductible is covered, I pay a hefty amount for doctor visits and prescriptions. For example, we took Billy Jr to the doctor the other week and it cost 98 dollars! Her Yaz prescription was 56! Condoms would be cheaper.

Update: I do not feel better about my benefits after posting this.

1 comment:

  1. Same thing is happening to us! But at least my company gave me 1500 dollars to blow through before my 4000 dollar deductible kicks in

    ReplyDelete